Nigel Mansell in Birmingham

Yesterday was a very remarkable day for me. It wasn’t like an ordinary or depressing Sunday. I think it was the best Sunday, I have ever seen!

For very long time, I was expecting to see a Formula 1 legend. Unfortunately, Senna died long time ago, Schumacher is still racing, Alain Prost is in France and I am not living in France! I think I forgot one more person, Nigel Mansell. If you were watching Formula 1 during 90s, it is impossible forget him. Competition between Prost, Mansell and Senna were the best times of Formula 1. And they were racing with the cars almost made from plastic and attached with a lunatic engine. They were some regulations but it wasn’t like nowadays.

Nigel Mansell retired from Formula 1 and years passed away. Time to time, I saw Mansell on TV or in magazines. But I never thought, one day I can met with him! And I never knew that  Nigel Mansell was from Birmingham, where I live at the present.

Couple of weeks ago, I checked the BroadStreet.co.uk website and I noticed that Mansell will in Birmingham. It was a very big surprise for me. I have been waiting to see a Formula 1 driver but I never thought, it would be this easy.

Yesterday, I went to city centre to see Mansell. And hopefully I didn’t wait for long time.  Nigel Mansell was a few metres away from me. The legendary Formula 1 driver, a person who can drive a Formula 1 car. This is similar to see a rock star. I don’t think there is a big difference between them. I think many people were thinking like me and it was more crowded than I expected.  Nigel Mansell talked nearly for one hour and told about his Formula 1 memories and his life in Birmingham.

Hopefully, Nigel Mansell stayed longer than I thought and I had chance to see him from a very close distance. But many people were coming and going, it wasn’t that easy to talk with him. Of course, I had a very important question to ask! Eventually, I manage to find him with fewer people. And asked my question, “What do you drive”. His answer was very political, similar to dialogues on BBC Parliament. “I drive everything!” I think he is right, Nigel Mansell can drive any car Nigel Mansell wants, none of the manufacturers will hesitate to lend him a car.

However, Nigel Mansell mentioned some brands! Mercedes, Ferraris and Range Rover. The important point on this sentence is the Ferraris. It was plural and like me, many other people understood when he meant! Nigel Mansell has couple of Ferraris :)

I couldn’t get an exact answer but now I know what he drives regularly :) 

Lastly, Nigel Mansell was very kind to everyone, there were lots of people were rushing to met with him, and Nigel Mansell never get bored of taking pictures or giving a signature for quite long time.

Why he was here? Nigel Mansell received his Walk of Star honour.

More pictures are available at Facebook Photo Album








Published at: http://uygarr.blogspot.com http://carsandlife.net
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Cars & Life | Cars Fashion Lifestyle Blog - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online